Homemade Cough Syrup
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup honey, raw if possible
- 1 tsp ginger root, grated
- 4 garlic cloves
- Slice the onions thin and place in a small pot.
- Add enough honey to cover the onion, about half a cup.
- Add in peeled garlic cloves and grated ginger root.
- Place over low heat, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Cook 20 minutes to half an hour.
- Pour into a sanitized container, straining out the onion and garlic.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Usage directions: Take a teaspoon full when you have a cough or sore throat up to seven times a day. Not for infants and toddlers as it contains honey.
actually i dont care what people say, honey so long as it is organic, free range etc, is perfectly fine to give to infants, the chances of them catching Ebola or something is basically 00.1%, not even that, it is fine. but yeah, this recipe is obviously gonna be great if you have a cough or something
Honey carries bacteria that babies aren’t developed enough to process, Ebola aside. Organic and free range ≠ safe. I grow organic nightshade, but I wouldn’t recommend you eat parts of it. Or give it to babies.
My son had ‘infant related botulism’ from honey. I had no idea at the time that it was an issue to give it to him. Found out the hard way. Wondering… applying the heat for so long, doesn’t that take away the healing effects?